per the existing policy, the Central Government Administrative Offices observe
up to 17 holidays in a year on specified occasions which consist of 3 National
Holidays (on 26th January, 15th August and 2nd October) and 14 other holidays
to celebrate festivals of different regions/religion in a diverse country like
present there is no proposal under consideration of the Government to curtail
the public holidays for government employees.
was stated by the Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and
Pensions and Minister of State in Prime Minister’s office Dr. Jitendra Singh in
a written reply to a question by Shri S. Thangavelu in the Rajya Sabha today.
of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
of Personnel & Training
JNU Campus, New Delhi 110 067
Subject: Classification of posts in the CCS
(Leave) Rules, 1972 — Clarification Reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to
this Department’s Notification No. 21/2/75-Estt.(D) dated 11.11.1975
reclassifying the posts under the Central Government as Group ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’
& . ‘D’ in place of Class ‘I’, ‘II’, ‘III’ & ‘IV’ and to state that
wherever the old nomenclature of Class ‘I’, ‘II’, ‘III’ & ‘IV’ are
mentioned in the CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972, the same may be read as Group ‘A,
‘B’, ‘C’ & ‘D’,-respectively.
CLARIFICATORY ORDERS BY GOVERNMENT ON PRE-2006 PENSIONERS
Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare issues an order explaining as to why only S-29 Scale Pensioners were given the benefit of implementation from 1.1.2006 while all the remaining Pre-2006 Pensioners got to wait!!
The Order says that since the Supreme Court had finally disposed of one writ petition related to S-29 Pensioners, it has been implemented to them. For others, until the remaining 3 Writ Petitions are not disposed off, the Government will not implement!!
The Orders of the Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare is given below:
REVISION OF PENSION OF PRE-2006 PENSIONERS – REG.
G.I., Dept. of Pen. & P.W., O.M.No.38/77-A/09-P&PW(A)(Pt.)
The orders for implementation of the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations of 6th CPC for revision for pension of past pensioners were issued vide Department of Pension & Pensioners' Welfare's OM dated 1.9.2008. The provisions of Para 4.2 of this OM were clarified vide this Department's letter dated 3.10.2008.
2. The Hon'ble Central Administrative Tribunal, Principal Bench, New Delhi in its common order dated 1.11.2011 in four petitions [OA No.655/2010, 306/2010, 50712010 and 3079/2009] directed that thepast pensioners may be granted, w.e.f. 1.1.2006, a minimum pension with reference to the fitment table applicable for revision of pay of serving employees.
3. A large number of representations from pre-2006 pensioners are being received by the Department of Pension & Pensioners' Welfare for extension of benefits similar to what had been allowed in case of OA No.655/2010 by CAT, Principal Bench, New Delhi.
4. In this context, it is informed that four Writ Petitions were filed in the High Court of Delhi challenging the order dated 1.11.2011 of Hon'ble CAT in four OAs. These petitions were dismissed on 29.4.2013. Subsequently, four SLPs were filed in the Hon'ble Supreme Court over a period of time against the said order of the Hon'ble High Court. Of the four SLPs, the one pertaining to Central Government SAG (S-29) Pensioners' Association which was first in the series of said SLPs, has since been dismissed by the Hon'ble Supreme Court on 29.7.2013. As the Review Curative Petition against the said order dated 29.7.2013 also failed, the Government of India decided to comply with the order by extending the requisite benefits to the parties involved in the said SLP. As regards the other three SLPs (Nos.36148-50/2013), Hon'ble Supreme Court in its order dated 19.11.2013 issued notice and made the following observation:.
"Learned Counsel for the respondent submits that during the pendency of these petitions the respondent-writ petitioners shall not precipitate the matter by filing contempt proceedings either before the High Court or before the Tribunal. That statement is recorded. "
5. Thus the issue of revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners w.e.f. 1.1.2006 as covered under SLP Nos. 36148-50/2013 in the Apex Court which have been tagged with Civil Appeal No.8875-76/2011 filed by Ministry of Defence in a similar matter is subjudice.
6. This is the information.
7. The outcome of SLPs under reference in Para (4) would be brought to the notice of all Ministries /Departments.
No.:AP/241-Comp/14-15 DatedatBerhampurthe17th February 2015
Sub: Grant of advance for purchase of Personal Computer for the year 2014-15
It has been decided to grant advance for purchase of Personal Computer for the year 2014-15 to the eligible officers/officials within the available funds. Applications in the enclosed proforma may please be obtained from the intending officials and forwarded along with your specific recommendations or otherwise so as to reach this office by 04.03.2015. Each application should accompany with a quotation from an authorized dealer. Applications not accompanied by quotation need not be forwarded to this office.
The applications should be preliminarily scrutinized at your end before forwarding to this office. The DDOs will forward the applications to the Divisional Heads and Divisional Heads will forward the same to this office along with Check List duly recommended or otherwise. Officials whose pay in the pay band is Rs. 8650/- or more are eligible for Personal Computer Advance. The Computer should be hypotheticated to the President of India and insure it till repayment along with the prescribed interest. The official has to enter an agreement in form GFR-24 duly filled in after purchase of the computer.
The applicant must purchase the computer as mentioned in the quotation that is enclosed to the application after sanction of the advance.
This may be given wide publicity among the staff and the applications must reach this office (Berhampur) on or before 04.03.2015 positively.
Circle Secretaries/Divisional and Branch Secretaries.
Staff Side PJCA meeting was held at NFPE Office, North Avenue Post Office Building, New Delhi-110 001 on 04th February,2015 under the Presidentship of Com. D. Theagarajan Secretary General FNPO. All General Secretaries of NFPE, FNPO and GDS Unions participated in the meeting.
The following decisions were taken in the meeting:
1. Formation of PJCA at all Circles:
Reviewed the position of formation of Circle JCA. PJCA has been formed in some Circles and in some circles it is functioning well. The Circles in which the PJCA is not functioning, it should be formed by the respective CHQ leaders..All Circle Secretaries should also take it seriously and inform the CHQ and Federation after formation. This work should be completed before 15th February, 2015.
2. Strategy was decided for the meeting to be held with Secretary Post at Dak Bhawan , New Delhi on 05.02.2015.
MEETING OF PJCA LEADERS WITH SECRETARY POST
Meeting of PJCA leaders was held with Secretary (Post) and other higher officers of Postal Board. Though Secretary (Post) gave positive assurances on most of the issues and also assured that Deptt. Is not going to implement recommendations of Task Force Committee report and there will be no corporatization and Privatization of Deptt. and before implementation of any new scheme it will be discussed with unions and after getting the consent of unions it will be implemented. Secretary (Post) also agreed to refer again the case of GDS wage revision and other service conditions to Government of India for inclusion in the 7th CPC. She also assured to finalize the Cadre restructuring proposal of all Cadres before 30th April-2015.
Though Secretary (Post) has given many of the positive assurances but keeping in mind the style of functioning and political and economic policies of Central Government we cannot believe as they are implementing all Globlization and privatization policies very intensively in all the sectors and mostly employees of all sectors are agitated and moving on path of agitation.
Therefore, we appeal to all Leaders and entire rank and file to get ready for struggle and observe the following programme of action in a phased manner on 40 points Charter of Demand:
1, Formation of JCA at all levels before 15th February, 2015.
2. Dharna infront of Divisional Offices on 20th February, 2015.
3. Dharna infront of Regional offices on 27th February, 2015.
4. Dharna infront of Circle Offices on 2nd March, 2015.
5. Dharna by all India Leaders at Directorate, New Delhi on 15th April, 2015.
6. Indefinite Strike from 06th May-2015.
(D. Theagarajan) (R.N. Parashar)
Secretary General Secretary General
(i) Please issue circulars in all regional languages to popularize the demands,
(ii) Please hold Executive Committee /General Body Meetings.
(iii) Please hold gate meetings in front of all important offices.
(iv) There should be no lapses in strike preparations because of our bitter experience in past.
(v) Strike Campaign tour by All India Leaders of both Federations will be scheduled and informed soon.